Monday, March 19, 2012

What exactly Mothers Call the Rolls Royce of Teething Biscuits


A few years back once we were traveling through Portugal, looking for good not known restaurants, my wife and I found a little baking place in a remote village perched high in the mountains. There was no restaurant to speak of in that picturesque place and we bought the typical Camembert, local bottle of wine and a crusty comfortable baguette and sat about the ramparts of the older castle to admire the sunset and have our impromptu picnic right there, listening to the sounds of the flowing lake.





Once we were admiring the environment I recalled with some amusement that for less than the bakery had been, for one moment I did not see my spouse. It was at that moment that surepticebly I purchased a bag of dried out cookies because I like a great crunch. Since the Camembert, your wine and the baguette had been no more, I actually smiled and triumphantly picked up the bag of cookies. My wife laughed at my naivete as unbeknownst to me she similarly and selflessly bought the same handbag of cookies as she understood I like to crunch. "What about who you are? " I asked.





"Oh, avoid worry. " But curious as I know my wife is, That i knew of she could not withstand trying these esoteric looking cookies, so she'll possess a bite. Suddenly the girl face changed. It lighted. "Oh My The almighty! These cookies are absolutely delicious! inch



Anyhow, to make a long story short, Susan who was a high school teacher could hardly stop thinking about these types of cookies throughout our journey and it is within a Hotel in Madrid, the night before soaring back home that we decided to start a cookie company.





That's to get a quick background, how to babies crying and moping.





We live in California and one time we received a phone call from the baker who sold us the recipe for the cookies. The man was curious to find out what was taking place. As we had been talking phoning around, his youthful wife was looking after the baby that will not stop crying and moping. I heard the particular baker tell his wife between two sentences "Give him a cookie, that'll maintain him busy for a few hours. inch I did not put more emphasis on the comment but it kind of stayed with me.





A year later as my wife and I were offering the cookies at an open up market in Laguna Beach, California, a old woman approached our table and engaged into chit chat along with my wife. In those days we had created other products but kept these types of cookies going, once we were selling these questions variety of flavors also covered with nuts and drizzled chocolate on the top.





"Oh our God - She exclaimed - You are the one whom makes these types of cookies"



Susan had been kind of taken aback but she was pleased to lastly meet admirer.





"Let me tell you, my daughter was going crazy ready baby constantly crying - My grand daughter the old woman said, as the lady proudly pulled out of the girl handbag a photograph of the baby - My great daughter was constantly crying the lady repeated so one day, I picked up a bag of of your cookies, I scrapped the chocolate and the nuts out and I gave the girl one cookie. Young man! She stopped crying immediately and wouldn't let go of it. Since she was saying that, the baker's words to his wife while on the telephone with me came hurrying back into me.





If you ever give these types of cookies to the baby you love, you won't have to wonder how they began and made their way to the USA from method high in the mountains in the south of Portugal. Granted we are not a big company but we feel a lot of satisfaction whenever woman after woman show how the "St. Archer Teethers" really are the Rolls Royce of teething biscuits.


No comments:

Post a Comment